Saturday, May 27, 2006

Da Vinci Code Hogwash





You can read Orthodox responses to the Da Vinci Code posted on the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese web page, by clicking here.

Archpriest Nicholas Dalinkiewicz of Melbourne gave a talk at the 2004 Syezd (Russian Orthodox Youth Conference) in Canberra, Australia, which can be read by clicking here.

Fr. Joseph Huneycutt's Responses can be read by clicking here.

Other responses from Antiochion Orthodox writers can be read by clicking here.

New Testament Scholar, N. T. Wright delivers a lecture you can watch by clicking here.

The White Horse Inn (a Reformed Protestant Radio Show) had a good discussion about the Da Vinci Code with Dr. Paul Maier, which you can listen to by clicking here.

Dr. R.C. Sproul addresses the claims of the Da Vinci Code in an interview linked here.

Update:

This was written by Jim Royal, a member of the "Orthodox Convert" list and posted on that list earlier today.

Dr Suess reveiws the Da Vinci code

I would not watch it on TV,
I would not watch on DVD.
I would not watch on VHS,
I would not watch on CBS.

I would not watch it in a car,
I would not watch it in a bar.
I would not watch it with my dad,
I would not watch it when I'm sad.

I would not watch it in my bed,
I would not watch with my friend Fred.
I would not watch it on a box,
I would not watch it shown on FOX.

I would not watch it on a table,
I would not watch when it's on cable.
I would not watch it in a chair,
I would not watch it anywhere.

I wish I had not paid eight bucks,
This movie really really sucks.

Update! More Ridicule:

The Internet Theologian Explains the Da Vinci Code

Pope Admits to Secret Code